- NATO envoy confer on peace, support to Afghan forces
- The White House said that the US President Joe Biden is committed to bring the Afghan conflict to a responsible end and consult troop withdrawal with the US partners around the world.
- After European Union (EU), the UK Embassy to Kabul has pushed for the urgent need and establishment of the High Council of National Reconciliation (HCNR), citing it vital to provide directions for the Afghan peace negotiations.
- The Afghan negotiating sides in Doha have agreed in principle on the procedural rules for intra-Afghan talks following nearly three months of controversies holding back progress.
- The project, once producing thousands of tons of crops, was launched by the Soviet Union in 1967 during the leadership of King Mohammad Zahir Shah but ceased operating after the civil war broke out in Afghanistan during the 1990’s.
- Project also known as Band Sardeh Project, the country’s major agricultural scheme in southern Ghazni province, is one of the many other infrastructural facilities affected by conflicts while most parts of the land it covered are grabbed by strongmen and local people.
- The US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad has extolled the recent agreement between Afghanistan and Pakistan on a shared vision for bilateral relations and regional stability.
- Reports suggest progress is made on the procedural issues obstructing the intra-Afghan talks in Doha for more than two months.
- 5 April 2021
BALKH: A gathering of Islamic scholars, influential figures and youths in Balkh province on Monday said that the presence of Afghan women in the upcoming Turkey Summit on Afghan peace was essential for defense of their rights.
- 4 April 2021
KABUL: The Istanbul conference on the Afghan peace process will begin on April 16 and continue for 10 days, local medias reported on Sunday.
- 3 April 2021
KABUL: Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, the former premier, and chief of Hezb-e-Islami called on the Taliban to follow his path and join the Afghan Peace process while voicing his optimism for peace among hundreds of his supporters in Kabul, on Saturday.
- 25 March 2021
BALKH: Religious scholars, civil society activists, and youth in Balkh province attended a gathering in the capital city of Mazar-e-Sharif to voice support to security forces, the republican system, and the upcoming peace summit in Turkey.
- 16 March 2021
KABUL: Arash, a 3-year-old minor, was one of the victims of an unclaimed Improvised Explosive Device (IED) bombing in Kabul on Monday that killed five people and injured 16 others.
- 13 March 2021
KABUL: The United Nations Security Council has unanimously condemned the disturbing number of attacks in Afghanistan that intentionally threaten civilians.
- 13 March 2021
KABUL: Heela Najibullah, the daughter of Afghanistan’s former president, Dr. Najibullah Ahmadzai, has stated that Afghan political leaders must unite to deal with the peace process.
- 10 March 2021
BALKH: Women’s rights activists attended a program to campaign for women’s participation and role in the peace process in Mazar-e-Sharif city, the capital of Balkh province, on Tuesday.
- 17 February 2021
KANDAHAR: Heavy conflicts in nine districts of southern Kandahar province have displaced more than 20,000 families to Kandahar’s capital city over the past three months, rendering an overwhelming majority of the residents unemployed.
- 15 February 2021
KABUL: Supreme Leader of Hezb-e-Islami Afghanistan (HIA) claims the U.S. is preparing to withdraw from the peace treaty with Taliban insurgents signed last year – in which Washington had committed to extricating all of its troops from Afghanistan by May and ending its most prolonged war.