- NATO envoy confer on peace, support to Afghan forces
- The White House said that the US President Joe Biden is committed to bring the Afghan conflict to a responsible end and consult troop withdrawal with the US partners around the world.
- After European Union (EU), the UK Embassy to Kabul has pushed for the urgent need and establishment of the High Council of National Reconciliation (HCNR), citing it vital to provide directions for the Afghan peace negotiations.
- The Afghan negotiating sides in Doha have agreed in principle on the procedural rules for intra-Afghan talks following nearly three months of controversies holding back progress.
- The project, once producing thousands of tons of crops, was launched by the Soviet Union in 1967 during the leadership of King Mohammad Zahir Shah but ceased operating after the civil war broke out in Afghanistan during the 1990’s.
- Project also known as Band Sardeh Project, the country’s major agricultural scheme in southern Ghazni province, is one of the many other infrastructural facilities affected by conflicts while most parts of the land it covered are grabbed by strongmen and local people.
- The US Special Representative for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad has extolled the recent agreement between Afghanistan and Pakistan on a shared vision for bilateral relations and regional stability.
- Reports suggest progress is made on the procedural issues obstructing the intra-Afghan talks in Doha for more than two months.
- 10 April 2021
KABUL: The White House said that the US President Joe Biden is committed to bring the Afghan conflict to a responsible end and consult troop withdrawal with the US partners around the world.
- 8 April 2021
KABUL: US President Joe Biden would probably prolong the stay of American forces in Afghanistan beyond May 1 deadline, a US media outlet reported on Thursday.
- 7 April 2021
KABUL: White House has said that US President Joe Biden has not yet made a conclusion on troop withdrawal from Afghanistan and he still consulted on the matter with his national security team.
- 6 April 2021
KABUL: Iranian and Uzbekistani diplomats have discussed on cooperation to the Afghan peace process and boosting relations among Asian states, reports said Tuesday.
- 1 April 2021
KABUL: The United States and the Taliban on Wednesday conferred on the implementation of the Doha peace agreement signed last year.
On Wednesday, America’s special envoy for Afghanistan reconciliation, Zalmay Khalilzad, met with senior Taliban leaders in Qatar, including Mullah Baradar.
- 31 March 2021
KABUL: During the Heart of Asia-Istanbul Process Ministerial summit in Dushanbe, the capital of Tajikistan, S Jaishankar, India’s External Affairs Minister, on Tuesday emphasized the importance of a “double peace” – peace within Afghanistan and peace around the world.
- 30 March 2021
KABUL: Former Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel on Monday underlined that the May 1 deadline for all U.S. troops withdrawal from Afghanistan is “not a deadline that could have ever been achieved.”
- 28 March 2021
KABUL: U.S. envoy for Afghanistan Reconciliation Zalmay Khalilzad has left for Turkey days before the Istanbul Summit on Afghan peace.
- 27 March 2021
KABUL: The U.S. intelligence agencies have warned the Biden administration against U.S. troops withdrawal before negotiating a power-sharing agreement between the warring parties in Afghanistan, saying the Taliban could overrun most of Afghanistan in two to three years.
- 27 March 2021
KABUL: Germany has extended its troop presence in Afghanistan beyond the May 1 deadline set by the U.S. last year with the Taliban for the withdrawal of foreign forces.